DDMEG Master 2 professionnal Sustainable development, environmental management, and G.I.S.
The program ”Sustainable Development, Environmental Management and GIS“ has an interdisciplinary philosophy : our students take courses in law, geography, economics, landscape planning, and GIS.
40 % of these courses are provided by professionals, in the private and public sectors (law firms, design and research departments, local governments, ministries).
This professional program gives students the skills required to guide owners and contracting authorities in the private and public sectors.
The aspects of this work range from :
- learning preventive and community responses in hazard environmental management ;
- taking in account sustainable development in public or private contracts ;
- encouraging landscape qualities to assessing the feasibility of industrial or public development projects.
The ”Sustainable Development, Environmental Management and GIS“ program is open to qualified graduates from a wide variety of disciplines including geography, economics and laws.
Students graduating from engineering schools are eligible to apply.
Applicants are required to demonstrate their specific interests in the program and relevant work experience in sustainable development.
A four-year honours degree with a B average from a recognized University or College is considered normal basis for admission.
The program prepares graduates to work as :
- public engineer in local governments (after admission at public exams) ;
- contracting authority (landscape, firms, local economic development) ;
- field staff, sustainable project officers, environmental auditors in public departments or private firms.