Scholarship and Financial Aids
The University Paris 1 does not provide any scholarships but students can directly apply to their embassy or one of the following addresses according to their origins:
- Eiffel Scholarship:
The French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs launched the Eiffel excellence scholarship programme support French centres of higher education in their international outreach initiatives, in a context of mounting competition among developed countries to attract elite students from overseas. It is a very selective scholarship. Students accepted by this programme receive 1180 euros/month. This scholarship is priority for students from emerging countries. The PSME agrees to reduce Eiffel Scholarship-holders tuition fee.
You can find more information on their website: Eiffel Scholarship
You should fill out an application form which you can obtain by writing firstname.lastname@example.org end of October the year of your application and send all documents to the following address before December 1st.
Mr Yves Raynaud
58 Bd de Arago
Maison internationale de Paris 1
75013 Paris France
When filling out the Eiffel scholarship application you must specify the M1 and M2 programs you wish to apply for (ex. Master 1: PSME, Master 2: M2 Development Economics). You should apply for the Eiffel scholarship for 24 months if you wish to do the 2 years of study in France. You may find the list of M2 programs on the following link: http://www.univ-paris1.fr/ufr/ufr02/offre-de-formation-en-master/
Master 2 P = Professional master programs with compulsory internship
Master 2 R = Research master programs, optional internship following studies. A must if you wish to apply for a PhD after your Master.
Results are announced on the CAMPUS FRANCE website during the week of 21 March 2016.
- Scholarship Master Ile-de-France/ Scholarship Master Ile-de-France-Europe:
This is a regional scholarship for foreign students from certain areas of the cooperation of Ile-de-France. Students who apply for this programme should:
- Scholarship Master Ile-de-France:Have followed, the year preceding the application, a course of higher education in one of the following countries (South Africa, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, India, Mauritania, Russia) or one of the priority areas of cooperation (Canada - Montreal region, Hungary - Budapest, Lebanon - city of Beirut, Madagascar - city of Antananarivo, Mali - Keyes region, Morocco - Casablanca region, Mauritania - Nouakchott, Poland - Warsaw city, Senegal - Dakar, Vietnam - Hanoi).
- Scholarship Master Ile-de-France-Europe: Have followed, the year preceding the application, a course of higher education in one of one of member states of the European Union.
- Have the nationality of the country.
- Have a good knowledge of French (oral and written).
- Be enrolled in a degree of master (M1 or M2) in an institution of higher education in Ile-de-France.
It is possible that this programme will extend to more countries next year.
Students who meet the conditions below should directly apply to the embassy of their countries (Scholarship Master Ile-de-France).
Students accepted by this program receive 1010 euros/month. They have to accept the accommodation at the Cite International Universitaire de Paris-(CIUP) which costs around 450 euros per month. It is possible to extend this scholarship for the second year of the Master. You can find more information on their website: Scholarship Master Ile-de-France
To apply for either scholarship programme, students must provide the following documents in French for Scholarship Master Ile-de-France program; in French or in English for Eiffel Scholarship programme:
- A detailed CV;
- A cover letter describing their interest in the programme, accomplishments, and future plans;
- Certified translations of their academic transcripts of records (at least 3 years);
- Copy of your Bachelor's Degree and/or Master Degree;
- Letters of recommendation (if there are any);
- A copy of your passport;
If you have any questions about scholarships, please contact: Mr Yves Raynaud
- American students wishing to study in France may apply for the Fulbright Scholarship.
Interested students must apply for the Fulbright Scholarship for the 2016-2017 school year has passed. The competition for the 2017-2018 school year begins on February.
They recommend preparing your application at least 2 months prior to the campus or IIE deadline.
Please note that you must apply through the Fulbright Advisor at your undergraduate university; even if you have already graduated. Please check with your university or online to find out who to contact.
Application instructions: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/preparingapplication.html
Check the Preparing an Application information sheet before applying.
- South African students wishing to study in France may apply for a scholarship from the French Embassy in South Africa. http://www.ambafrance-rsa.org/-French-Embassy-scholarship-