Coordinator of the Refugee Students Reception Program
University of Paris 1
International Relations Office
58 boulevard Arago
Tel: +33 (0)1 44 07 76 79
Fax: +33 (0)1 44 07 76 76
Monday - Friday
9.30 - 12.15 / 14.00 - 16.30
(except for tuesday afternoon)
Refugee students reception at Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne has established a specific integration program for refugee students: it consists in intensive French courses for those who want to pursue their studies in the university. Launched in september 2015, this program has benefited to 110 refugee students during the academic year 2015-2016. It will continue during the academic year 2016-2017.
THE APPLICATION TO START THE INTEGRATION PROGRAM IN SEPTEMBER 2016 IS NOW CLOSED.
Description of the program
► an integration week (from Monday, 5th to Friday, 9th of September 2016):
- intensive French courses, levels A1 and A2 (cf. Common European Framework of Reference for Languages);
- meetings with various representatives of the university: International Relations Office, Language Department, International Student Association, Sports department, Student Life Department;
- visits and extracurricular activities with student associations.
► two semesters of training (from September 2016 to May 2017) :
- 12h of French courses per week, levels A1 and A2 (cf. Common European Framework of Reference for Languages);
- methodology and information retrieval workshops;
- an introduction to various disciplines taught at the university;
- access to the “learning French online” platform in the computer room of the Language Department;
- extracurricular activities.
Conditions of eligibility
► be younger than 28 years old
► live in Ile-de-France
► to be a beginner in French.
► have an educational plan in a program offered by Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne: in coherence with the studies already performed. Candidates are asked to inform themselves on the programs offered by the university and indicate their choices carefully in the information sheet and in the cover letter (see below).
► provide an application with the following documents:
- Copy of the passport (if possible);
- Any document certifying the administrative status of the stay in France (registration of the application for asylum to OFPRA OR OFPRA decision OR registration of appeal of CNDA (National Court of Asylum ) OR decision of the CNDA) ;
- Accommodation certificate or proof of residency (letter from the lessor, receipt from EDF);
- Copies of diplomas or any other document evidencing the candidate's academic level (if possible);
- Cover letter that indicate the subject of the university program you want to take in September 2017, once you have finished the integration program (click here to see the university programs catalogue)
Warning: incomplete applications will not be considered.
► transmit the application between Monday the 9th and Monday the 23rd of May 2016:
- EITHER by email, to email@example.com;
- OR on-site, at the International Relations Office of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (address and hours in the left column),
Preselected students will be contacted for a language test and an educational interview as from May the 30th 2016.
*The comparability statement delivery takes several weeks: if you are preselected, you will then have until the 15th of June 2016 to transmit it to the university.
►no accommodation will be offered to students;
► students who transmitted their applications outside the opening dates of the first registration campaign are asked to represent their application as soon as possible;
► attendance to the courses that are proposed within the integration program is obligatory: you must ensure your availability before applying to the program;
► the number of places is limited.